Sunday, April 1, 2012

Bruschetta: tomato and onion; mozzarella and pesto

A few of us recently went to Market Bar for dinner and I got the urge to make bruschetta for dinner. I made 4 different kinds using freshly made sundried tomato and herb bread (courtesy of my fantastic breadmaker). Normally I'd toast the bread, rub it with a clove of garlic and drizzle with olive oil but since the bread was fresh and still warm I just use it as it was.




For the first one I diced 3 tomatoes, 1 red onion and 1 spring onion (totally unnecessary but it was in the fridge on its own going off so I just used it). Then mixed them together in a bowl with a generous drizzle of olive oil and some basil (I only had dried unfortunately) and left them to sit for a while for the flavours to develop.




In the meantime I spread green pesto on another slice of bread, and topped it with slices of mozzarella, and 3 chopped sundried tomatoes. 3 mins under the grill melted the mozzarella nicely.

To finish the tomato and onion one I just topped 3 slices of bread with the tomato mix.

This made 1 mozzarella and 3 tomato bruschetta.




No comments: