Friday, October 26, 2007

Vanilla Waffles

My favourite waffle recipe so far (I tend to google something, read about 10 recipes and then make it up). With them I recommend any of the following:fruit, icecream, yoghurt, maple syrup, golden syrup, honey or nutella. Or indeed whatever the hell you want.
This recipe makes ~8 on my waffle iron. I personally struggle to eat 2.
  • 300g plain flour (I tend to use cream flour for everything)
  • 150g ground almonds (can be made fresh in a food mill)
  • 100g caster sugar
  • A good squeeze of honey
  • 100g butter melted
  • 4 eggs
  • 450ml milk
  • 3 tsp vanilla essence
Basically put everything in a bowl and beat until smooth. Cooking takes about 3-5 mins depeding on heat of iron and how cooked you like them but that's a rough estimate. Don't open too soon to check coz it'll ruin the waffle.

No comments: