In Greece this is what's know and a country salad. They use green peppers but they are a different variety than the bell peppers you mostly get here and so are a bit sweeter, as such I used red peppers. It also should include olives but I really don't like them.
- 3 tomatoes
- Half a cucumber (if not fresh remove the skin, if you are not removing the skin give it a good scrub)
- An onion (sliced not chopped)
- A pepper (whatever colour you want)
- A handfull of olives (optional imo)
- chunk of feta
- good extra virgin olive oil
You'll come across all sorts of herb mixes but in Greece they generally just use oregano. The salad itself is lightly seasoned with salt and a bit of oregano, drizzled lightly with olive oil then the feta placed on top, olive oil poured over it and finally it is sprinkled with oregano.
The oil left at the end should not under any circumstances be wasted! Dip some bread into it.