- 250g mushrooms, sliced (the usual button mushrooms)
- garlic (I wasn't bothered crushing some so I used 2 tps garlic granules so I'd say use 4 cloves-ish)
- 200g spinach
- 1 large roasted red pepper, diced (from a jar)
- 200g (i.e. one tub) cream cheese
- about 1 tbsp dried basil (if you have/can get your hands on fresh stuff use that coz it's way more flavourful though usually the opposite is true of dried herbs)
- A packet of lasagna sheets (how many you'll use will depend on the size of your tray (I made 4 layers using 3 sheets for each)
- 2 balls of mozzarella, slices
- 2 tomatoes, slice
- some parmesan
Preheat your oven to 170 degrees Celsius. Fry the mushrooms in some olive oil until just cooked add the spinach and red pepper, season with a bit of pepper. Give it a stir so the spinach wilts then add the cream cheese and basil.
Start layering in your chosen baking dish (I like the pyrex ones so you can see the food inside). Start with some fairly liquidy bits from the sauce (to ensure the pasta doesn't stick) then pasta, then sauce, then pasta and so on until you run out of sauce. Finish with a layer of pasta. Top with the mozzarella then the tomatoes and sprinkle with some parmesan.
Bake for about 30 mins. If you're feeling fancy serve it topped with rocket.