Saturday, March 10, 2012

Chilli

I started off making chilli con carne but got distracted...
  • 1 large onion
  • 250g mince
  • half a red pepper, half a yellow pepper, half a green pepper (I keep a bag of chopped up peppers in the freezer so I always have some handy)
  • tin of chopped tomatoes
  • a generous squeeze of tomato puree
  • 3 tsp chilli powder
  • 2 tsp cumin
  • 2 tsp paprika
  • 2 tsp oregano




Gently cook the onion in some olive oil, brown the mince, then add the peppers and cook for a couple of mins. Add in the chopped tomatoes (adding the rinsings from the tin to the pan), tomato puree, the herbs and spices, and season. Simmer for about 20 mins.


This is the point where I meant to add a tin of mixed beans but coz I was a bit tired and distracted I totally forgot. It turned out fine though with a bit of rice (on that note, rice is great if you add some stock to the water).

No comments: